Our quality requirements are high, and our expectation is that a piece of jewelry from Syster P can be used for many years. An important part of the sustainability work with jewelry is to take care of them, to make them last as long as possible.
In order for your jewelry to stay beautiful as long as possible, it is important that you take care of them in the best possible way. Here is some advice on how to make your jewelry shine longer:
- Avoid newly applied perfume, lotion and cosmetics, as it can destroy plating and stones.
- Store your pieces with care, preferably in the dust bag or jewelry box you received with your purchase.
- Showers and exercise is best done without your jewelry. Avoid sleeping with the jewelry, as it easily can get stuck and break.
- Silver can darken over time (oxidize), this can easily be removed with a silver dip.
- Both silver and gold keeps it shine longer when you avoid salt or chlorinated water.
- Clean your jewelry regularly with a polishing cloth to keep its shine longer.
To ease the care of your jewelry, we have jewelry cases that are specially designed to keep jewelry nice when not in use. Should your jewelry oxidize (as all silver does over time, especially if it hasn’t been used for a while) you can polish it up with a silver polishing cloth. We have one that is pre-treated with silver polish to make your jewelry shine again in an instant.